FAQ & support
1. Where do you ship?
We currently ship to most pincodes all over India. Unfortunately we don't ship internationally currently.
2. What shipping options do you offer and how much do they cost?
Free shipping for prepaid orders over Rs. 999
Rs. 50 shipping for prepaid orders below Rs. 999
COD Shipping: Available in select pin codes all over India for Rs. 100 extra. You can check the availability in your pin code at checkout.
3. When will my order ship?
All orders leave our warehouse in Pune within 1-2 business days.
4. Where's my order?
You will receive a shipping confirmation email containing a tracking number from us when your order ships. Or to check your order status log in to your account and view your “Order History.” Questions about your order? Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will help you out.
Returns1. What is your return policy?
You can refer to our Shipping & Returns page for information regarding our return policy.
2. How do I raise a complaint?
We’re sorry you are facing a problem with your order. Please email our team at email@example.com with your order number and our team will help you out!
3. Can I exchange a product?
We’re sorry, but we don’t offer exchanges at this time unless the product is damaged or defective.
4. Can I cancel my order once it's placed?
Yes, you can change or cancel your order for free before your order has been dispatched. If you wish to cancel your order after it has been shipped, a freight charge of Rs. 100 will be deducted from your refund.
5. Can I change my delivery address after my order has been placed? Requests for changes in delivery address are best made before the order is shipped to avoid delays and hassles. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case your order is already in transit, we will dispatch a new order to your updated delivery address after the return for the previous shipment is done.
6. Can I change my products after my order has been placed? Requests for changes in order are best made before the order is shipped to avoid delays and hassles. Please reach out to us at email@example.com. In case your order is already in transit, we will dispatch a new order with the new products only after the return for the previous shipment is returned and inspected by us.
7. What if something is not quite right with my order (example, damaged or missing product)?
Whoops! We're so sorry and are here to support you. Please reach out to us with pictures of your concern at firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours time after your order is delivered and we’ll take care of you.
8. Do you send samples?
Whenever possible, we love sending sample freebies with each order. Unfortunately we currently don't have sample sizes for all our products. In case you are looking for something specific, feel free to reach out to our teams on Instagram or WhatsApp and they will help you out.
9. Where can I purchase ILANA products offline in India?
We are available in select stores and boutiques all over India. Check out where you can buy our products offline here.
10. Do you offer discounts on first time purchases?
Yes, we do! You can use the code FIRST10 to get 10% off on your first order.
11. How do I use my promo code?
Enter your promo code in the “Gift card or Promo Code” box at checkout. Promo codes cannot be added to an order after it has been placed or applied to a previous purchase, cannot be combined in one order, and in most cases, they may only be used once. Promo codes have no cash value.
12. How can I use more than one promo code?
At this time, we can only accept one promo code per order. This includes rewards, and site-wide promotions.
13. When will I get my refund? You can expect your refund to reflect in your account in about 10-15 business days.
1. What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit or debit cards, PayTM, Net Banking, UPI as well as Cash On Delivery for orders.
2. Do you offer gift cards and how do I buy one?
Yes, we do! You can purchase gift cards for use here.
3. How do I redeem a gift card?
Gift cards may be redeemed in the check-out process by entering the gift card code in the “Gift card or Promo Code” box.
Brand & Product Questions
1. How do I find the right products for me? We’d love to help you pick the right products! Click on “Concerns” on any page to shop by your skin type, or you can also connect with us by email at email@example.com. For personalised advice you can reach out to our team on Instagram or WhatsApp too.
2. Can I use your products if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
We know that navigating self-care safety while pregnant or breastfeeding is challenging, and though our mission is to create natural and safe products, as with any skincare or supplement, we recommend that you consult with your doctor if you have any questions.
3. Are your products vegan and cruelty free?
Except our Soft Blur Concealer + Foundation, all our products are vegan. As a brand we strongly stand against animal cruelty and so our products are and always be safe for you as well as our furry little friends! We are 100% Cruelty Free.
4. Is your packaging recyclable? Our product packaging is recyclable. You can check out the Manufacturing Info tab in respective product pages for a full break down of our packaging composition and recyclability. You can also read about our 'Empties to Earth' campaign here.
5. Do your products have expiration dates?
Our products have a guaranteed shelf life of 2 years from the date of manufacture. To maximize shelf life, store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, heat, humidity and excess moisture.
6. How can I be sure if your products will suit my skin?
Personal care products are subjective to an individual's skin type, hence we strongly recommend a patch test to determine any skin sensitivities. It is also important to note that natural products don't necessarily suit all skin types.
1. Are you hiring? We are constantly on the lookout for new additions to our team! If you think you would be a good fit at ILANA, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will get in touch with you if they're interested.
2. Are you a social media influencer who wants to collaborate with us? We love discovering new talent! If you'd like a chance to work with us, send us an email at email@example.com and our team will get in touch with you if they're interested.
3. Are you a wholesale partner or do you want to become one? Please submit your wholesale application with an email at
firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will get in touch with you if they're up for it!
CEO & Co-Founder
Amit Patil is the backbone of the business, heading Business Development and Operations. He forefronts with a strong belief and commitment and brings his expertise and management skills to the growing business. Having started his journey with the brand as a 20-year-old still in college, Amit has helped develop ilana in its journey to being recognised as one of the best homegrown skincare brands in the country.
“We at ilana believe strongly in customer experience and we are always willing to go the extra mile to provide the best possible service”, says Amit. He feels that ilana is not just a consumer brand, instead it is a much-needed change in the skincare market, providing high-quality and performance products with a sustainable impact on the environment. Amit is a part of an all-women’s team at ilana and is proud to be a part of this empowered organisation.
My journey started with ilana at the age of 20. Over the years I’ve looked after ilana’s operations, logistics, finance, manufacturing, supply chain, business development and to build a team gradually as the business grew. Since day 1 there have been challenges in the business and I have begun to actually like them as it always helps us in making the right decisions. These past 3 years have been life changing for me personally and indeed the best time of my life. It's amazing to look back and see what we’ve built and indeed very excited for the future.
My vision for the brand includes:
For Ilana to be one of the best skincare and beauty brands in India, heading the skincare revolution. With the growing awareness, consumers are looking for products that deliver on their claims. We wish to bring them result-oriented products for the same. Our brand look and feel is comparable internationally, which makes us ready to dive into the international market as well when the time is right. We aim to be a global standard for innovation and transparency.
Creative Director & Co-Founder
Right from her formative years, Nikita Deshpande has been intrigued by the organic space, experimenting with and developing small batches of skincare from the confines of her kitchen. Ilana was born from this desire to create effective skincare that’s ethically innovative, accessible and affordable. Started in 2018, this millennial concoction operates out of offices in Pune and delivers countrywide.
A design graduate, Nikita learned to structure varying roles, dabble across various disciples and believes in the power of systems design. “I think studying design ultimately ends up allowing your brain to bend its perspective in ways you never thought it could,” she says. From the brand story, to the strategy, and the design to the formulation of the products themselves, this feisty entrepreneur has spearheaded the entire process from scratch.
Nikita believes that Ilana is all about making a shift in lifestyle, by being ethically innovative, absolutely transparent and practicing sustainability at every step. “We strongly feel that consumers aren't statistics to be exploited for profit, but equal stakeholders in the production process, and this is what makes us ethical.”
Today the customers want a coexisting and trustworthy space where they feel heard and can interact. A more personal and human touch makes the brand seem more genuine and relatable to them. For this, we believe in using our social media to create wholesome content about lifestyle, wellness, and self-care that makes people come back to us for more than just our products.
Being a founder-centric brand our social media platform enables the customers to have a human connection with the brand. Customers have a persona they can relate to, which makes them feel like they are in safe hands." Being an entrepreneur and a skincare enthusiast, it has always been important for me to see what works for the Indian skin since climatic and socio-economic conditions play a huge role in it. Instead of merely copying the trends of the west we believe in solving the problems that are close to home, and being a homegrown, local brand helps us to do so.
The last 2 years have been full of learning opportunities. The increasing consumer awareness and confidence in organic, vegan, and sustainable skincare brands has led to a rise in demand for such products which has definitely worked in our favour. We understand the concerns Millennials and Gen Z women face and what they want out of their personal care and we are here to bridge that gap.